Hair Restoration Surgery: Is It Right for Me?
Hair transplantation is a proven and effective solution for hair loss in men and women. Besides giving your hair back, it can restore your appearance and restore a person’s self-confidence and self-esteem, especially to those that have gone through a traumatic experience that may have been the cause of their hair loss.
Sickness, medical treatments and accident related injuries are some of the more extreme causes of hair loss but there are many other reasons why a person may seek out a hair transplant, including as a remedy to hereditary pattern baldness and thinning hair (Androgenic Alopecia).
Prospective hair transplant patients are advised to keep their expectations realistic before they undergo any hair restoration surgery. Most people have only a limited amount of hair on their bodies that can be moved to the scalp during surgery. What this means is that there is likely not going to be another source of hair after the first or second transplant procedure and so it has to be done right the first time.
Is Hair Transplant Surgery Right for Me?
If you are in the beginning stages of hair loss (eg. Norwood classification 1-3), and are looking to slow down a receding hairline, you might want to consider other options rather than hair transplant surgery. Such options might include Low Level Laser Hair Therapy. This is especially true if you are under 30 years old, since hereditary pattern baldness is progressive, and the degree of hair loss cannot be reasonably known until the patient is at least in their 40s.
Who is a Good Candidate for Hair Transplant Surgery?
Men and women contemplating hair transplant surgery and would present as good candidates for surgical hair restoration include:
- Individuals that have lost their hair following physical trauma such as accidents or some burn survivors.
- Men and women who have already been losing hair for years and who have hereditary male pattern baldness or female pattern thinning.
- Any person who has been bald for many years, and whose pattern of hair loss has had sufficient time to establish itself. If a patient is interested in regrowing their hair to achieve a younger looking, more youthful appearance, there are many excellent and clinically proven hair restoration procedures and options available to help them achieve that goal, including non-surgical hair replacement. Non-surgical hair replacement is ideal for those suffering from hair loss and are in their 20s and 30s.
- Men and women who have lost hair following an unsuccessful cosmetic surgery such as a facelift.
- Men who understand the nature of their baldness and have tried other methods of hair loss treatment unsuccessfully, while keeping realistic expectations about hair transplant surgery.
Contact Jernigan’s Hair Transplant Specialists
To learn more about Jernigan’s custom hair restoration procedures and to explore the many advanced hair loss treatment and hair transplant options at Jernigan’s available to you, we invite you to speak with an experienced Jernigan’s hair transplant and hair restoration specialist today. Our goal is to help you find the perfect hair restoration solution to meet your own individual needs and make a well-informed decision about your hair restoration options.