Everyone loses hair. However, when you lose more hair than usual and thinning patches start to appear, it can be stressful to decide what to do next. It’s common for people to do nothing about their hair loss because they are unaware of the solutions available or are afraid surgery is their only option. Surgical hair transplants used to be the most common solution for hair loss but with the advancement of technology, there are more options than ever to choose the solution that works the best for you. Read this blog further to learn more about non-surgical hair loss solutions.
What’s The Problem With Surgical Hair Loss Solutions?
For anyone experiencing hair loss, hair transplant surgery can be a solution. However, it’s common for people to rush to get the procedure done without considering the process or if there are any side effects. While hair transplant surgery is typically a simple procedure, there are some complications or side effects that can occur.
- Hair Thinning– after surgery you may notice you hair is thinning even more than before the procedure. This will occur at first but your hair will get thicker a few months after surgery.
- Itching and Swelling– itchy spots are common but typically only last a few days after surgery. Another side effect that lasts a few days after surgery is swelling around the forehead and eyes.
- Cysts and Scars– It’s common for cysts to appear where the hair has been transplanted and last a few weeks after surgery. Some people may also experience scars after the procedure.
Opting for hair restoration surgery is a major decision for most people and will permanently change your appearance by transplanting hair from the back of your head to your thinning area. The ideal candidate for hair transplant surgery is an individual at least 40 years of age or older.
What Are Some Non-Surgical Hair Loss Options?
Men’s Non-Surgical Solutions
- Non-Surgical Hair Replacement – Unlike hair transplant surgery, our custom hair replacement systems for men give you a significant increase in overall hair density, as well as the totally natural look and feel of your own naturally growing hair. And of course your custom men’s hair replacement system can be styled and colored to your favorite look and style. The today’s modern men’s hair replacement systems, you can have a naturally appearing front hairline, proper hair density based on your age and existing hair, where the scalp appears normal and visible even when the hair is parted. That is, there is no perceptible change in coloration, appearance or feel between the original hair and scalp and your new added hair.
- Laser Hair Loss Treatment Therapy – Low-Level Laser Hair Therapy is one of the most effective methods of treating early-stage androgenetic alopecia (genetic pattern hair loss) in both men and women. Laser Hair Therapy is a clinically proven, non-surgical, effective approach to treating hair loss and thinning hair due to androgenetic alopecia. In the treatment of androgenetic alopecia, physicians have found that Laser Hair Therapy is generally most effective for individuals who are in the early stages of hair loss and thinning. For best results, we recommend in-studio laser hair loss treatments.
How Do I Know Which Solution is Right for Me?
At Jernigan’s Hair Replacement Clinic in Raleigh, NC, we offer a variety of hair restoration and hair loss treatment programs for men and women of all ages and hair types. If after a thorough hair loss evaluation, we determine that you are a viable candidate for this type of treatment protocol, we will make a recommendation based on the outcome of your consultation.
To schedule a free, private, no-obligation consultation, we invite you to call (919) 887-6130 today.